1. Wake up on time. Get to work on time. No more of this getting up at 8:15ish, out the door at 9:10ish, and in the office at 9:45ish. Realize that I am a prissy, prissy girl who takes a long time to get ready in the morning and wake up at 7:30, out the door by 8:30 and in my office at 9 sharp.
2. Go to the gym at least three times a week. Jog, work on arms which are starting to get waddly and old-looking. Stop kidding myself that elliptical trainer set on way-easy settings does anything.
3. Record something other than South Park, Simpsons, Family Guy and Blind Date so TiVo stops thinking I’m a 13-year-old boy.
4. Speaking of TiVo, finally watch HBO’s Angels in America that’s still taking up 6 hours worth of space.
5. Rent first seasons of Alias so I can stop pretending that I have a clue what the hell is going on.
6. Take calcium.
7. No more lunches from the office vending machine.
8. Get a physical. See the dentist. See the shrink. Physical and mental health, harmony, etc.
9. Take better care of my shoes. Polish them instead of just buying new ones.
10. Dust and vacuum once a week.
12. Keep in touch with friends and family instead of emailing once and then vanishing for months and months. Cultivate long-distance friendships.
13. Go see my friend’s band like I promised, even if it is at a church and all religious and the mere thought of it gives me hives.
14. Try not to squeal with excitement every time I see a commercial for American Idol 3. Or Survivor All-Stars. Develop jaded and mature detachment towards silly bad shows of all kinds.
15. Stop biting nails. Or at least bite them into better shapes.
16. Cut back to one cup of coffee and one soda during the day. No chocolate-covered espresso beans. No caffeine of any kind after 5 p.m.
17. Get news from other sources besides The Daily Show and Fark.com
18. Apply to be on Survivor. Get cast. Throw the Biggest Tantrum Ever when voted out; challenge Jeff Probst to a stick fight with torch.
19. Stop blogging while at work. So much.
20. Remember all the little people.