I'm going to Florida tomorrow morning. For work, though, before y'all amp up your "Yay! Have fun! Get some sun, etc." comments. I'll be back late (laaaate) Wednesday night.
FIVE REASONS WHY I VERY MUCH DO NOT WANT TO GO ON THIS TRIP:
1) I'm going to miss not one, but TWO episodes of American Idol. I'm going to miss Gilmore Girls and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Scrubs. The Apprentice. South Park. These are two momentous days of television and my lone TiVo will not be able to handle it all. Decisions must be made. I may also, a little bit, miss my husband.
2) I'm going to be in the Atlanta airport for a mere 48 minutes tomorrow, and then again on Wednesday. 48 minutes of being so close, and yet so far away from Miss Doxie and all the fun we could have in the non-airport part of Atlanta.
3) I have to write new and revised rules in preparation of Thursday's Haiku Smackdown, to be held right here. But because of this trip I need to write them today. And I don't wanna. I also need to write a clever and witty Actual Smackdown post for the Actual Smackdown, then save it as a draft and set a publishing time because Lord knows I ain't getting up Thursday morn at the crack of dawn to placate all you krazy 'ku-ers.
4) Packing. I hate packing. If I am ever really rich I am going to hire someone to pack for me. A full-time packing person. He or she will pack my lunch, suitcase, gym bag AND switch between the black and brown purses for me each morning to match my shoes.
5) I'm so sleepy today that the best post I could come up with was five reasons I don't want to go on this trip...and yet I could only think of four reasons. And this could very well be the last post until Thursday. And this could very well be the worst post ever. You are all going to leave me and find another blogger that you love more than me while I'm away and there's nothing to be done about it.
I hate you, Florida. You also look totally fat today.