The JournalCon Freak-Out Post
August 20, 2004
OH MY GOD. JOURNALCON IS TODAY. TODAY.
I SHOULD BE THERE NOW BUT AM GOING TO BE LATE BECAUSE I MUST WORK AND ALSO FREAK OUT A LITTLE.
ALSO CAPS LOCK.
Okay. Will try to calm down. Will just take a look at the things on my to-do list:
1. Get swag.
2. Get extra-special swag for extra-special people.
3. Let hotel know we are bringing a dog.
4. Get haircut.
5. Paint toenails.
6. Wax eyebrows.
7. Lose 5 pounds.
8. Buy booze.
9. Buy booze that I will not drink until JCon.
10. Buy cigarettes. For other people. Really.
11. Buy pepper spray in case any of y'all are The Crazies.
12. Grow long, healthy and beautiful fingernails.
13. Get prescriptions filled.
16. Pack for dog.
17. Repack for dog.
18. Heap love and praise and adoration on cat.
19. Be at hospitality suite at 6:30 p.m. to be nice to attendees.
20. Learn how to be nice.
21. Select entry(s) to read at the Invited Reading Panel For Invited Important People
22. Not obsess on the incorrectness of entry(s) because it should be entry(ies) but that isn't right either.
23. Practice reading entr(ies) in mirror.
24. Get new non-stupid-sounding voice.
25. Write the most brilliant and funny entry ever to read at panel.
So. I have gotten my hair cut today. I can cross that one off.
I have been reading through my archives and have come to the conclusion that all my entries? SUCK. Why didn't anyone TELL ME all my entries sucked? I really should have been made aware.
Please, for the loave of GOD: If anybody is reading this who is NOT driving/flying/unicycling to JCon right now? Pleeeeeaaase find me a good entry to read out loud. One with no pictures and hopefully some coherance. At least a little. Tell me your favorite entry and I will loave you and squeeze you and call you George and will totally send you some of the non-existent swag that I forgot to get made for JCon.