In Which Photos Redeem Another Crappy Entry
October 31, 2005
This weekend I got my hair highlighted like a real live person.
And I managed to put on a pair of real live pre-pregnancy jeans.
(Just one pair, mysteriously. The rest of my jeans? Oh, we shan't speak of them yet.)
Other Completely Awesome Things I Did This Weekend:
1) I thought VERY SERIOUSLY about getting a pedicure.
2) I went out for dinner sans baby (thank you, Jason's mom) and ate oysters. Glorious, dangerous oysters!
3) I sat around while my mother-in-law CLEANED MY ENTIRE HOUSE. TWICE.
4) I got projectile pooped on at 5 a.m. two mornings IN A ROW, which I am calling awesome only because honestly, it was some IMPRESSIVE POOPING. Although afterwards I kind of sat there and wondered if any bars were open that early in the morning.
5) I sobbed hysterically after reading "The Giving Tree" (Thank you, Kirsten! A thank-you note will be sent out sometime this century, I swear) out loud to Noah, because I just realized THAT I AM THE TREE and this child is going to strip me bare and yank out big portions of my heart when he grows up and moves away and I WILL BE THE HAPPY ABOUT IT AS LONG AS HE IS HAPPY. WAH.
6) I bought lots of new hair products. Products that I may tell you about on Wednesday, which is the tentative date for the Return of the Wednesday Advice Smackdown: Journey to the Center of the Bad Advice Universe.
7) Yes, really! The Advice Smackdown is coming back, and although I have about three years' worth of questions piled up, new questions are being accepted at firstname.lastname@example.org. (And I hereby declare that all questions will be answered using a completely random selection system of my own invention, known as Whether I Feel Like Answering That Question Or Not.)
One Other Not So Awesome Thing I Did This Weekend, Which I Am Including Because I Cannot Have An Entry Without A Boob Reference These Days:
1) The Return of the Fibrocystic Breast Disease. Yes, I discovered a pocket of cysts in my right boob. Noah won't nurse from it because the cysts make the milk come out verrry slow, and because he won't nurse and I am Very Bad About Remembering To Pump Regularly, the milk is drying up on that side.
Anywho, I'll Think About That Tomorrow, In The Meantime, Here Are Some Sleeping Baby Pictures, And Yes, He DOES Wake Up Occasionally But He's Much Easier To Photograph While Zonked Out On Mylicon Drops: