December 2, 2005: Noah sleeps through the night.
In his crib.
(So much for the lamest co-sleeping assvice smackdown ever, right?)
Of course, I did not sleep through the night. I was too busy doing the following:
1) Waking up in a panic because OH MY GOD, THERE'S A CAT WHERE THE BABY SHOULD BE. THE CAT HAS SMOTHERED THE BABY.
2) Fudging around with the baby monitor batteries and volume, because clearly, I should be hearing hysterical screams by now.
3) With each passing hour, whispering excitedly to Jason: "I think he's going to sleep through the night! Look at the time!"
4) Ignoring Jason's Glaring Looks of Glarey Death.
5) Sneaking downstairs repeatedly to poke and prod the sleeping baby to make sure he was still alive.
He was still alive. He was just very tired.