I have the sniffles. And my ear hurts. And I think my leg is asleep. Or maybe it fell off. Too weak to check.
Where's MY comforting lap and Taggies blanket, dammit? Huh? Well? I am waiting.
I feel like Fridays have been getting a little cop-out-y lately, since it's where I pile up all the links to other things I've written this week but was too shy to tell you about in a timely-yet-contractually-obligated fashion, so let's just make a deal right now: The first person who complains gets sneezed on. 'Kay? Moving on.
1) Remember when I was pregnant and used to talk about puking all the time? Non-stop, constant, always with the day in and day out barf talk? Good times. You can totally go relieve those times at Bounce Back this week.
2) This week's Isn't That Special column is a story I was too embarrassed to tell you guys back when it happened, so you know it's extra cringe-inducing. Mmmm, the sweet taste of regret.
3) MamaPop got a facelift, dividing content into pop culture and gossip and community. We've brought on a veritable fleet of new writers (meet them here! follow, bookmark, stalk!) who will mostly be covering the badly-dressed/behaved celebrity beat but we didn't want all the good TV/movie/general-geekdom posts to lose any time on the main page. So Tracey entered some kind of underground coding bunker and VOILA, two weeks and three nervous breakdowns later we have a handy new landing page for people who fear change to complain about. (Though you can still view things old-style by topic here and here.)
4) Jason had an after-work party thing at Dave & Buster's, and I had the stupid idea to take the boys over after Noah was done with school. I contracted at least five stains of the flu and won a GIANT yellow stuffed duckie from one of those claw machine games and NOBODY CARED. Or was suitably impressed. Noah said it scared him and Ezra hugged it for exactly 30 seconds before hurling it to the floor and stepping on its head. Stepped on! MY MAJOR AWARD! The brief outing ended as these sort of things always do: with Ezra puking up French fries all over himself and Jason. We came home and Ceiba decided that the giant yellow duckie makes a nice bed. I put it on the couch in front of the window so all the neighbors could see and be jealous, but I still haven't been invited to a single dinner party. Assholes.
5) I think I might have a fever!