This Post is the Blogging Equivalent to a Set of Shiny Keys
September 28, 2010
My dad started chemotherapy today, the first of THREE all-day, 8-hour, super-intensive sessions he'll have THIS WEEK. Then he gets a couple weeks to kick back and relax before the next round. Maybe play some football, drink a few beers, go see a death metal concert or something.
In other words: DEFLECT! IGNORE! LET'S TALK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE IN THE WORLD.
Ahem. Continuing on with some random things that are slightly more amusing:
1) Toddlers with the ability to accessorize.
2) Jason stopped at the grocery store yesterday and purchased the special nut-free store-bought birthday-snack cookies. We only needed one bag for Noah's classmates but he bought three.
4) So far, I've flushed four (4) stinkbugs down the toilet today. I know that wouldn't usually be a check in the "YAY!" column for me, but I guess it speaks volumes for just how wildly I'm grasping for purpose these days.
5) In other insect-related, the-wine-glass-half-full news, I'm actually pretty jazzed that the baby no longer looks like this:
Yeah, YOU try telling people at the playground that it's a "mosquito bite on his eyebrow" and see if any of them believe YOU, either.
6) In two days, I'm going to be in possession of a five-year-old child.
7) And that five-year-old child will be in the obnoxious possession of a Leapster 2, aka One Of Those Things I Used To Sniff Dismissively At Because That Is Just A Handheld Video Game & Preschoolers Should Not Own Handheld Video Games, "Electronic Educational Learning System," My Ass.
8) Now I Am All, "Here, Have A Handheld Video Game, Whatever, I'm Tired."
9) Don't tell him though. IT'S A SURPRISE.
11) I didn't have a full 10 things, as usual.
12) But I hate ending lists at four or nine.
13) Or fourteen.