Almost Bed Rest, But Not Quite
April 18, 2011
The fun continues. If by "fun" you mean "AMY IS SICK AGAIN AND TALKING ABOUT BEING SICK AGAIN." Which I am guessing is not at all what you meant.
So. 33-week OB appointment this morning. Highlights for discussion included:
1) The flu, the aches, the misery, the two-week-old cough that's getting worse instead of better, probably because I keep thinking I feel a little better and then immediately rush back out into the germy world to Get Shit Done and/or Not Neglect My Children and/or Completely Overdo It (see: the rest of this entry).
2) More weight loss thanks to coughing fits leading to vomiting fits several times a day, and a doctor who finally stared at my weight numbers and made a face, like, HMMMMM, but then went on to insist that it won't affect the baby...
3) BUT since it's obviously kicking the ever-loving hell out of me, I should go ahead and stay in bed for as much as possible this week.
4) Also, here are some precautionary antibiotics that I just know aren't going to do a thing because it's a FUCKING SUPER-VIRUS FROM HELL. (AKA YOUR LOCAL PRESCHOOL CLASSROOM.)
So far staying in bed for "as much as possible" has equaled about 30 minutes. Ish. Not counting trips to the bathroom.
But! On Saturday we took the kids to see Rio. They liked it. Jason and I both fell asleep. Now I know that I was just doing the right thing for the baaaaayyyybeee.
(Jason was just really bored.)
Yesterday, we all went out for Sunday breakfast before dragging the kids to Carmax so we could test drive a series of seriously unexciting Big Fat Oversized Family Car Options. Highlights included:
1) I never got the matzoh ball soup I ordered.
2) They had scrapple on the menu, one of my dad's favorites. I thought, "Oh, right. That happened."
3) Then I went back to plotting running someone over with my car in retaliation for the soup mix-up.
4) THIS IS PROGRESS.
5) The poor car salesman did not understand how completely underwhelmed I am about our next-car-purchase options (quad-middle-seats-plus-third-row-blah Buick Enclave, GMC Acadia, Toyota Sienna, Such-and-Such ZZZZZZZWHOCARES) and kept trying to point out All The Awesome Features And Things And Such, like, "this one has the DVD player!" and "look at this faux-woodgrain luxury trim package!"
5a) My feedback mostly consisted of shoulder shrugging, saying stuff like "well, I don't HATE it," and coughing on him.
5b) The immobile "We Would Never Sell This Car at Carmax" example car in the showroom? Pretty much the greatest playground my children have ever, ever visited. Hours, they played in that thing.
BEWARE THE GHOSTLY GIGANTIC PREGNANT LADY IN THE WINDOW REFLECTION. CARMAX WOULD NEVER SELL YOU A CAR WITH A PREVIOUS POLTERGEIST HAUNTING REPORT.
6) We did not buy a car. I think we've more or less settled on what we'll buy in the end, but I am pretending that we still have lots of gobs of time to buy a car. Which we do, right? 40 weeks minus 33 is like, two more trimesters, at least. I think.
7) LA LA LA *cough, choke, wheeze, hack* LAAAAA