October 23, 2013
Okay, so...Halloween spoiler alert? I was planning to wait to post photos but the last piece of Ike's costume arrived today and I'm now way overly excited about it. And honestly, what the hell else have I got going on in my life to talk about? Fun with laundry piles? Places I Was Late To This Week and/or Times I Got Lost? Or Why As An American Citizen I Demand A Better Cordless Vacuum Cleaner To Deal With My Floor Crumb Problem?
Or maybe I DID wait to post these photos and you're actually reading this...
...in the future.
Things are heavy here, man.
We're gonna need more gigawatts. At least 1.21 of them.
And watch out for the Libyans.
Eh, who needs you. I'm amused and that's all that matters.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED FOR A LAST-MINUTE TODDLER DOC BROWN FROM BACK TO THE FUTURE (or mad scientist/Young Frankenstein/Dr. Horrible/whatever else he'll probably get mistaken for) COSTUME:
- Toddler Lab Coat, Size 2/3
- Adjustable Welding Goggles
- Band-aids on forehead
- A collared shirt (technically should be a Hawaiian print, but I didn't have one the hand-me-down box and bleeeeehhhhhdidn'tcareenough to spend money on one)
- Pens and nerd junk in the pockets
- A remote control with antenna (this one is from a basic R/C car of Noah's)
- Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Hairspray (in keeping with the style of the times.)
- Cricket Amped Up Tease Brush (for teasing/back-combing without damaging the hair)
I think the hair can go bigger, yes. I didn't want to push too hard during dress rehearsal, but despite the SERIOUS FACE IZ SERIOUS in the photos, Ike was super chill about the whole weird affair so I think I'll be able to get away with some additional hairstyling for the upcoming rhythmic ceremonial ritual.
He was mostly like, "Okay, so this is happening, but I was promised candy. So I'm good."