Ah, November. The leaves are dropping, the weather's all over the place (40 degrees! No, 60 ! Sun! Rain! More rain! Here's some wind! Now get those shorts back out cuz it's going up to 80 for some reason!)...and of course, everybody's sick.
We're passing around a mostly symptom-less fever thing right now, most likely the flu because I lost the consent forms for them to get vaccinated at school and then the Target flu clinic was out of the mist when we went and then the next day Ezra complained of a headache and went to bed for three days. Then he was fine and Noah suddenly wasn't.
(Go get ur flu shots ppl it's real and it's happening and it's COMING FOR YOU.)
I feel fine so far, unless you count the fact that I am horribly, violently allergic to the ENTIRE WORLD UP HERE. Since we moved, my previously mild seasonal allergies are now like, major and not very seasonal, since I was allergic to everything in the summer and now it's fall and I'm still sneezing my head off.
If I keep a constant, steady dose of allergy meds in my body I'm okay. Not great, but okay. If I miss a dose or take it even a few hours late, I go from one sneeze to a full-on stay-in-bed-worthy hay fever, with a headache and watery eyes and sneezing/coughing/sinuses from hell. It's really sexy, OBVIOUSLY.
So if you're keeping track, my current list of allergies has expanded to include:
1) Antibiotics, almost all the life-saving ones and definitely the best ones for treating UTIs
2) The cold.
3) Nickel and various nickel derivatives. And thus Bare Minerals.
4) Raw onions, like my eyes don't just water, they leak copiously, turn bright red and burn-y, and then my sinuses freak out and my nose runs and my eyelids and lips swell and one time my throat started to close up and I had trouble breathing and THAT, my friends, was the last time I ever chopped a raw onion.
5) Mosquitoes, who specifically target me (and Ezra) because we swell up so comically and itch for days afterwards.
13) The outdoors
14) Going places and doing things
15) Dying, especially in the face.
Honorable mentions of suspicion include the carpet and curtains in my bedroom, maybe my pillow, or my hair, or something else but dear God if I wake up at 3 am one more time thinking "huh I feel sniffly shit did I take my medicine oh no get up get up go take it aw fuck too late here comes the onslaught" I'm going to burn it all down.
Or probably just vacuum and dust everything. AGAIN.
In other news, please enjoy trying to wrap your head around the proportions in the following photos: